Hoping for some help identifying glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bigTINY779, Dec 7, 2016.

1. bigTINY779

bigTINY779 New Member

I have a bunch of stuff that used to belong to my grandmother. I know nothing about glass or antiques and I'm trying to identify if any of this stuff has any value or not. First up is a blueish iridescent bowl and some plates. They all appear to be handmade as they all vary a little in size and whatnot. There are no markings as far as I can see.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Then there are some little green bowls. From the info I have found they appear to be pressed glass. (I think) But again, no markings that I can see. [​IMG][​IMG]

There is more that I haven't gotten to yet but any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

cxgirl and lauragarnet like this.
  2. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

The blue bowl and plates are called Stretch Glass. That's all I can say off the top of my head. Others will be able to offer more help.

cxgirl and bigTINY779 like this.
  3. lauragarnet

Here is some info from a quick search about your tab handle bowls.

Some are calling them lug handle soup bowls, some say tab handle cereal bowls. Some use the color name Aquamarine, some say Ultramarine.

Lug Soup Bowl Tab Handle Teal Ultramarine Depression Glass Jeanette Swirl

Scroll down this page at Replacements...
    Jeannette, Swirl-Ultramarine (Blue Green) at Replacements, Ltd

bigTINY779 likes this.
  4. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

The little green bowls are Depression Glass in the Swirl Pattern AKA Petal Swirl made by Janette Glass.. The color is called Ultra Marine.

bigTINY779 likes this.
  5. lauragarnet

bigTINY779 likes this.
  6. bigTINY779

bigTINY779 New Member

Thanks everybody for your help. I will post some pics of some of the other stuff I have very soon.

7. bigTINY779

bigTINY779 New Member

Here's one more I forgot I had already taken out. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

the last one is McKee Bros. 'Glentec' c1910

lauragarnet likes this.
  9. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

I can't get Shelter either. The stretch glass are either Northwood or Dugan glass

lauragarnet likes this.
  10. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

11. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

12. bigTINY779

bigTINY779 New Member

Hey guys. I finally got around to going through some more of my grandma's glass. Here are some pics. Any help identifying would be great. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]]

13. bigTINY779

bigTINY779 New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk[/IMG]

14. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

The pink Bowl is Mayfair open rose. A depression glass pattern. It looks like the covered vegetable bowl without the lid. But I would need size to confirm.

bigTINY779 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted