Homco Masterpiece Porcelain

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by VictoriaFoos, Jun 25, 2017.

1. VictoriaFoos

VictoriaFoos New Member

Hello all! I work at a metro park, and we recently came across these items when doing some spring cleaning. They were donated to our facility many years ago, and unfortunately we no longer have use or storage space for them, so I am in charge of researching and selling them. The piece on the far right is marked as Homco Masterpiece Porcelain, and the one next to it is labeled as Avon. Does anyone have any additional information on them?
    [​IMG]

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I think these bird figurines were popular in the 50's and maybe 60's, mostly imported from Japan or Taiwan. Homco was Home Interiors and Avon you know, both sold at home parties. The upshot is that they don't have much value, and it's doubtful anyone would pay the high shipping cost. Just my opinion.

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I agree with janetpjohn. You may find buyers as some people collect specific birds figurines like cardinals or bluejays. Getting anything above $10 would be a real stretch though. And that's if there are no chips on the feathers. Not really eBay material due to the chances of breakage in shipment but more appropriate as yard sale, antique booth, or donation items.
    Don

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

There are some folks who do still collect bird figurines, but Janet is correct in that they usually do not bring much. Maybe you could look into selling them at a local auction house or consignment shop.

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Seconded; they're pretty, but they don't sell for much.

Draft saved Draft deleted