Hi, I'm JoAnn and I'm a junk-a-holic

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by buyjunksellantiques, Jun 23, 2015.

1. I'm from the great plains state of Nebraska. I'm a fabric hoarder who's reluctant to change. I've collected, bought and sold vintage/antique items since I was in my early 20's. I couldn't afford new, so I settled for buying the best that I could afford.

Since retirement, I've had the fortune to be able to actually buy and sell the treasures I love. Although some would argue, I assert that I can't really be classified as a "hoarder", nothing stays on the inventory shelves long enough to collect dust thicker than 3". I mean come on ... you can tell you are a hoarder when the Brown Recluse Spiders are teaching slalom lessons on their dust covered webs; am I right??

I seriously do buy and sell, and keep very little. I carefully decide if I want to take the time to dust off something more than three times a year before I'll keep it for myself. I sell direct market - person to person; B&M booths and locked cases; and online. I'm having a lot of fun, meeting a lot of people, and making a little bit of money above the expenses. What more could I ask for except a little more time with my grandkids.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and LEARNING.

2. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

You will fit right in here! LOL
    And I believe we have at least one other fabric hoarder as well.:happy:

3. I'm so bad ... I have thimbleberries fabrics from the early 1990's. I bought into the Thimbleberries craze and now I can't part with the fabrics. I prefer the vintage "no name" colonial patterned fabrics from the 50's.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

Greetings JoAnn! Admitting it (being a junk-a-holic) is the first step! ;)

I like your style of writing ... kinda like you're right here sitting on my desk chatting about stuff :p

Glad you found the site.

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, JoAnn! Loved your "story." :hilarious:

And why does it not surprise me that a woman named JoAnn would love fabric? :rolleyes:

6. Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa I just figured it out. <laughing> Sorry, it takes me a little bit to connect one brain wave to another. <teehee>

cxgirl and KingofThings like this.
  7. Whew, you have no idea how hard it was to admit that <giggle>. And, it also helps that I type faster than I think. Oh wait ... maybe that's not such a good thing after all! I'm so confused. <giggle>

cxgirl, KingofThings and quirkygirl like this.
  8. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Hi JoAnn! I've already spoken with you in a couple of threads and you do fit right in! Welcome!
    I also love vintage fabric. I do sell it, but usually regret it afterward.

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Welcome aboard JoAnn !! :):)

10. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Welcome to Antiquers.com JoAnn!

11. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi JoAnn,
    We all would like to thank you for joining us. It make us feel better about stuff if we see other people have the same stuff collecting.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    greg

12. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Welcome again, JoAnn! :)

Many of us are "of retirement age" and, um, probably even more of us are junk-a-holics! It's a hard addiction to break! :rolleyes:

13. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Hee Hee :joyful:....Welcome to the boards, sounds like you've come to the right place!

14. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Welcome, JoAnn! Also nice ID on those Rudolf Ju glass candle holders.

You fit right in! :)

buyjunksellantiques likes this.
  15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

See JoAnn......Didn't I tell ya !!! ;)---:):):):)

16. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, JoAnn -- your introduction was fun to read. Hope you enjoy it here.

Fig

17. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi JoAnn,loved the intro ! :)

18. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Hello, JoAnn. What everyone said! :)

19. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! You had me in 'stitches'! ;)

buyjunksellantiques likes this.
  20. all_fakes