Hi, folks!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by eclectic, Sep 1, 2014.

1. eclectic

eclectic Member

Tis' I, eclectic_seller_too. So nice to "see" everyone, again.

It's been quite the summer. Spent 3 months in Maine. Decided it was too expensive to live there, but did get to reconnect with long-time friends, and best of all, eat lobster & swim in the ocean. :)

The beginning of August, I headed to Bartlesville, OK, which is steeped with all sorts of fascinating history, and a great mid-sized town. I drove through here a few years back, and was so enamored with the area, I stayed for three days, exploring.

Arrived in Bartlesville a couple of weeks ago, and have been looking for a place to live. Much more affordable here, than in Maine. I've found a place to rent that I really like. It's an apartment in an older apartment building, that's been restored (almost) to its' original Art Deco grandeur. Black & white tiles on the kitchen counter & bathroom floor, lots of big windows, and "real" hardwood floors. Hoping to find out if I've been accepted soon.

So, once I have a permanent place to hang my hat, I'll be selling online, once again. Over three months of not selling has been a much needed break, and I'm now itching to get back to it.

I hope everyone's doing well. I see lots of familiar names. :) Great forum, too. Looking forward to more interacting, as soon as I'm settled,

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Welcome on board. There are loads of rambling old thread to catch up on when you have the time. No mods cutting stuff off and moving posts! And so far no idiots or flame wars.

eclectic and spirit-of-shiloh like this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Welcome and good luck with the apartment! If it works out it would be great to see photos of the building.

4. eclectic

eclectic Member

Forgot to tell all of you, that while I was driving all over the place, I ended up in West Virginia, so I visited the Blenko Glass Factory. The store is beautiful, with all the glass designs on tables, arranged by color. The glass factory building, inside, outside, and roof, looks like it's the original. Very rustic, but very interesting. Visitors are able to view the glass makers/blowers working. However, they were about to go on lunch break, so I didn't see much action, other than a very hot furnace.

5. eclectic

eclectic Member

Thanks, Say. If I'm approved to live there, I'll take photos & post them.

6. eclectic

eclectic Member

Thanks, af. Certainly looking forward to no idiots being on this forum. I see, that the ebay forums have been condensed, but our resident antiques idiot is still posting his/her useless comments.

7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Good to see you, eclectic. Welcome back!

eclectic likes this.
  8. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Nice to see you back!

eclectic likes this.
  9. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Good to "see" you again, Eclectic!

eclectic likes this.
  10. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Hi eclectic! Welcome back.

eclectic likes this.
  11. eclectic

eclectic Member

Thanks, everyone! Good news, too. I just found out I was approved to rent the apartment. That was fast! Moving in on Friday. Can't wait. :)

12. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

Glad to see ya.:) Hope you get accepted. :cat: Accepted? I meant approved in your new apartment.:)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    eclectic likes this.
  13. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Great news, Eclectic! Welcome "home!"

eclectic likes this.
  14. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Eclectic,
    Welcome back. I hardly ever go back to ebay, been slapped so many times. I am awaiting the forever ban like Davey, Af and a few others.
    greg

spirit-of-shiloh and eclectic like this.
  15. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Welcome home!

eclectic likes this.
  16. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Welcome and great to see you here
    mikey

eclectic likes this.
  17. eclectic

eclectic Member

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone. :)

Well, I decided to not rent the apartment. After sleeping on it, and rereading the terms of the 4-page lease, I decided I'd be paying rent in exchange for indentured servitude.

Call me old-fashioned, or just plain old, but I'm of the era, when a lease, if there even was one, was one page.

I lived in my last rental for over 5 years. Never had a lease, and my landlord said I was the best tenant he ever had, so I bristle at being told what I can and cannot do.

Oh, well, moving on. I'll look for a few more days around here, but if this experience is the norm, I'll be going elsewhere, in hopes of finding something.....somewhere. I've always been a risk taker, and it's always worked out, but this time, it's not going so well.

I can hang my hat anywhere, so if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to tell me.

On another note, there was a heck of a storm in Bartlesville last night. Winds up to 70 mph. Trees all over the ground this morning. Most lost their electricity, including the hotel where I'm staying. I drove around this morning, and saw shingles and entire roofs blown off. "Wendy's" sign was still standing, but the sign is mostly gone. Still some areas without power.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  18. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

If you like warmer weather and the desert, New Mexico,Arizona are nice. My Uncle retired in Az. Northern AZ has better seasons. I would suggest Calif. but the rents are criminal :eek:

A four page lease is insane.:rage:

19. eclectic

eclectic Member

Thanks for your thoughts, Shiloh. I lived in Albuquerque for 4 years and loved every minute of it. I suppose I could return there, but the friends I had have either died or moved elsewhere, so the thought of returning makes me a little sad.

California isn't at all on my radar. :) Great place to visit (some areas), but I have no desire to live there.

Maybe northern Arizona....I've always thought Flagstaff would be a great place to live.

Oh, dear....I don't know. I'm mentally drained today. Trying not to think about my dilemma too much, take a break, and back to trying, once again, tomorrow.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  20. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

What is so wrong with living in California? I have a couple rental properties and would be happy to set you up with a reasonable rent and a one page lease. I am in the process. of evicting a bad tenant.

eclectic likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted