Featured Herend Mark - Confirmation

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Oct 13, 2022.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I found two porcelain leaf dishes today, one with a clear Herend mark and the other without the word Herend but similar in style. The shapes and designs are different but both dishes have raised painted designs on the bottom. I think the second dish is also a Herend, but I'm hoping someone here knows for sure. Both dishes are about the same size - 4 inches long and 3 inches wide.

The first called Chinese Bouquet - Rust has the clear Herend Mark.

thumbnail_IMG_6740.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6738.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6739.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6728.jpg

The second one has the mark without Herend and is the one I want to make sure of.
    thumbnail_IMG_6721.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6735.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6731.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6737.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6725.jpg

Any thoughts appreciated.

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Can't help, but both very nice!

judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

I was immediately attracted to them. I don't have any Herend pieces, so I grabbed them up.

Aquitaine, judy and bercrystal like this.
  4. Ratsy Brown

Ratsy Brown Well-Known Member

Second mark is Herend 1915-1930. 7725 is the shape, pattern is bouquet de fruits.

5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

6. KikoBlueEyes

Excellent. I am so appreciative of your knowledge and your willingness to help me with such detail. I am delighted that it is also a Herend!

BoudiccaJones and bercrystal like this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

Perfect. Thank you very much I did a lot of searches and couldn't find them. I didn't think of looking at Replacements. I love it that they have stock numbers.

I was astonished at the price sold. When I bought them for $4.50 each and brought them to the cash register, they told me they thought they were cute. I recognized the name by hanging around here with you experts.

bercrystal and silverbell like this.
  8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

You are very welcome!! :happy::happy: :kiss:

Now you need to find some of their cute little animal figurines. ;) :p:p :happy::happy::happy: :kiss:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/1335/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=herend+figurines+&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

Oh. I want them.

bercrystal likes this.
  10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Score! I just saw that fruit one yesterday as a new intake at an antique store. It had the later mark on it, but there's no mistaking this one. Their critters still sell well in my area, about the only "collectible" that does.

bercrystal and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  11. KikoBlueEyes

I’m not into collectibles per se but I like to get an example of various manufacturers for my collection. In this case the price was right for two.

bercrystal likes this.
  12. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I have never seen such a decorated bottom! Would look nice upside down in the dish strainer!

KikoBlueEyes and bercrystal like this.
  13. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    bercrystal and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  14. KikoBlueEyes

That's why I thought they were both Herend - the unusual bottom, but I never thought to why they decorate the bottoms - inspired thought.

bercrystal likes this.
  15. KikoBlueEyes

I posted this a while ago in the Finds Thread.

IMG_0838 (1).JPG

Aquitaine, Bakersgma and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted