Herend Biscuit Box

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lisa, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Lisa

Lisa Active Member

I have this Herend Biscuit Box and I'm wondering what the number on the inside of the lid means. I think the marking is under the glaze because I can't wipe it off. However, maybe it's not and someone used a marker to mark on the inside. I think it's odd and can't imagine why it would be there when it was made. Any ideas? Also, what does the small number "79" on the bottom stand for? All of my Herend pieces have a small number on the bottom like this but I haven't been able to figure out what they stand for. Thanks you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jen and George likes this.
  2. Savvy*Spyglass*Treasures

Savvy*Spyglass*Treasures Fancy Endeavours. That's my user ID on eBay now.

The pattern is Queen Victoria. The "6300" number is the model number. I don't know what the79 or the 699.- in the lid means except maybe someone was pricing it for that much. Looks kind of like a dollar figure. It could very well be the price because this is what I found on PriceMiner.....

Herend Queen Victoria Biscuit Box Cookie Jar 6300 Butterflies Roses Handpainted

[​IMG]
    [ Zoom (3) ]

Sold For: $729.00 USD - Date: 8/19/2013 6AM - Channel: Online Auction - Source: eBay

Category: Porcelain-Pottery - Original Category: Pottery & Glass : Pottery & China : China & Dinnerware : Herend

Herend Queen Victoria Biscuit Box Cookie Jar 6300 Butterflies Roses Handpainted

Here is a lovely Handpainted Herend Queen Victoria Biscuit Box from an estate sale here in Tampa, Fl. The lid handle and feet are green branches. There are applied roses and raised leaves and buds. I think this is truly the loveliest piece in this pattern. This biscuit box #6300 is very Hard To Find and It is in Perfect condition. Take a close look at the 11 photos -- they are part of the description.

Dimensions: Diameter of top of the box without the lid is 6 1/8 in. From handle to handle is 7 1/2 in. Height without the lid is 4 3/4 in. and with the lid 6 1/4 in. to the very top. There is 6 1/2 in. between each foot.

===============================================

Hope this helps!

Juli

Lisa likes this.
  3. Lisa

Lisa Active Member

I feel rather silly Juli ;-) I just decided to use some rubbing alcohol and some very light scrubbing and it all came off. Originally I just used warm soapy water and a sponge because I was afraid of ruining the piece. Well, here it is without the marker. You were right ;-) THANKS!!!

[​IMG]

4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

ya....599 was the price...

Draft saved Draft deleted