Henry Moore - Auden Poems litos

Discussion in 'Art' started by Torkel Oftedal, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Torkel Oftedal

Torkel Oftedal Well-Known Member

Dear all, i really need an advise on some Henry Moore litos, that i am going to sell, but still have a number of questions. We are talking about litos from a portfolio called Auden Poems, that we, unfortunately, butchered some time in the 80's when we framed all, and sold some, which mean that it is not a complete set (i think we have 6 or 7 left) - see some illustration photos enclosed.

The question is how is the market for Henry Moore these days in general, and for these litos in particular? Some of them have the signs of Henry Moore, others are very abstract, and also very dark, but i guess there will be someone interested also here, or at least i hope so. :) Please note that the photos are some illustrations, as i do not have good photos of my stuff just yet! 20180930_142659.jpg 31166167_1_x.jpg 24487271_1_x.jpg 25382924_1_x.jpg 20180930_142659.jpg 31166167_1_x.jpg 24487271_1_x.jpg 25382924_1_x.jpg 20180930_142623.jpg 20180930_142623.jpg

And finally, what price range should i put these into? I know it is impossible to say, but any advise will be appreciated! :)

Any Jewelry and Houseful like this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Have you consulted an auction house that deals in fine art? You may want to go that route because they would know how to get the word out to a lot of potential buyers.

Any Jewelry, Houseful and i need help like this.
  3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Think these are lovely, seen some similar Henry Moore’s at the Sainsbury centre here in Norwich U.K. Should be a good market for them, think you should do as Marie suggests.

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  4. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

5. Torkel Oftedal

Torkel Oftedal Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for good advice again, i will check it out- problem is that they are framed, and not so easy to ship... and in Norway they are really not appreciated so much..

i need help likes this.
  6. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

No Sotheby’s, Bonhams or Christie’s offices
    near to you Torkel? There should be some good Auction House that has offices elsewhere which would get a better price for you than in your country and they do the shipping. These places do take a hefty commission but should be able to advise you of value and costs if you send pictures and details to them online. Disappointing they aren’t appreciated where you are.

i need help and Bakersgma like this.
  7. Cris Drugan ISA-AM

Cris Drugan ISA-AM Active Member

Houseful and 2manybooks like this.
  8. Cris Drugan ISA-AM

Cris Drugan ISA-AM Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted