Henk Bos, Turner Wall accessories prints

Discussion in 'Art' started by 916Bulldogs123, Jan 2, 2017.

1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

atree 16613.jpg
    atree 16616.jpg
    atree 16617.jpg
    atree 16614.jpg
    these turner wall accessories prints seem to be all over the scale on prices. these were only 5.00 for the pair so i couldn't resist. i was thinking of cleaning them up and selling them but have no clue what to start them at. help with dating them would be nice also. 50's or 60's?
    Mikey

2. Mary Delaney

Mary Delaney Well-Known Member

I've sold quite a few pieces of Turner Wall Accessories and I would think this set is newer, say late 60's, based on the back paper cover. Prices for Turner depends on the desirability/subject/content. Research what pieces are very similar to yours, ie Wood frame with print. I myself would set a price based on research and what profit I would like, and then stick to it.

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Not sure that these are the kind of Turner prints that people seek. Too mainstream. They go more for the 50s stylized stuff.

4. 916Bulldogs123

Thanks to both of you, I was wondering about the paper backing as i haven't seen any with it in my searching.
    Mikey

5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I hate it that people are so convinced they'll find money they tear the paper back off every picture they see.

6. 916Bulldogs123

I assure you they were already torn when i bought them. haha

7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Oh dear. It's an exceptional case where I don't remove the backing. I'm not looking for money; my concern is the condition of the picture.

I will say that I don't do anything to a picture until after I've bought it. On all the framed pictures I see in thrift stores, the back has been opened.

Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted