Helping ID Small hunting painting

Discussion in 'Art' started by Silversmith, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Silversmith

Silversmith New Member

Hello,

I am requesting some help on finding general info on this painting. All I know is that it is painted on wood and has made in italy stamped on the back. Many thanks for any assistance with artist and general info!

Attached Files:

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Silversmith! With "Made in Italy" on the back, it's probably not an actual painting on the wood, but rather a print which has been adhered to the wood. Perhaps a closer view of the "painting" itself would help.

Have you looked at the image with a magnifier or jeweler's loupe? If you see dots in the image, it's definitely a print.

3. Silversmith

Silversmith New Member

Hi bakersgma! Thanks for the quick reply. Your correct there are tiny dots like those in a print. Any idea on date of production or where these sorts of things come from? Are they the sort of things that is mass produced?

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Mass produced, late 20th century I would think (80's? perhaps even more recent.)

But it might help others with more knowledge of decorative trends if you could post a picture of the back and of the "hanger."

5. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Very much agree... manufactured in Italy for US consumption. I'll guess 70s to 80s, but yes, a look at the back will help the furniture/mirror brainiacs date it.

EDIT
    On second thought, the colors are more 80s-ish!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  6. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Could be as early as the 60s but I doubt any older.

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Decorative Florentine plaque. 1960s.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted