Help with two glass pieces

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gregsglass, May 12, 2015.

1. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I had this in finds forum but I should have moved them here.
    One is a glass relish 10" long and 5" wide. It is so common i should know right off the bat but my brain is not making connections on it. The other is 24% lead crystal creamer/pitcher. It is huge 5" tall and 8" long with a large handle. I am thinking Germany/Poland. I just hope it is not an FTD piece.:eek:
    greg 005.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 010.JPG

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Greg - I think the first dish might be by Indiana Glass #165. I found a celery dish in my Indiana Glass book that looks a lot like yours. Can't help much on the second except to say I think you're correct on a European attribution.

Don

3. gregsglass

Hi Don,
    Thanks for the ID. It is just so dang familiar.:eek:
    greg

4. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

It is so familiar because every single hotel, restaurant, and 5&10 lunch counter had them. Usually they held a tasty selection of celery, carrot sticks, and nice fat olives -- all covered with a generous helping of shaved ice.

Morning, Greg!

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Here in Indiana it's not an auction without at least one! And you were up awfully early Greg. I'm barely coherent before 10.
    Don

6. gregsglass

Hi Don and Silver,
    I knew it was so dang familiar. I kept thinking Colonial but who's Colonial maybe not Colonial I thought maybe Indiana but thinking it's not heavy enough for Indiana so I posted here. I am usually up at 5AM. You could take me out of the farm but harder to take the farm out of me.:eek:
    greg

dgbjwc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted