Featured Help with title to a Amano Kunihiro woodblock print?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Apr 26, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

A guy who saw my estate sale posts on FB Marketplace or Craigslist called me & asked me if I was interested in buying art? I told him "How do you think I accumulated 300+ paintings; if course I'm interested - depending on the art!"

So he came by and I ended up buying 3 pieces by Mexican American artist Amado Maurilio Pena, Jr (recognized as an Artisan of the Pascua Yaqui Tribe of Arizona) + 1 woodblock print by Japanese Amano Kunihiro.

The back of 2 of the 3 Pena pieces have a COA on the back with the work's name, etc.., but the Junihiro woodblock only has a artist bio on the back and I can't make out the name of the work so I can look it up!

It looks like Morrin (or Morning?) + Moon 80 but I can't find it with that name - can anyone tell me what the title is?

Thank You!

ART PRINT WOODBLOCK AMANO KUNIHIRO 1AA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK AMANO KUNIHIRO 2AA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK AMANO KUNIHIRO 3AA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK AMANO KUNIHIRO 4AA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK AMANO KUNIHIRO 5AA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK AMANO KUNIHIRO 5AAA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK AMANO KUNIHIRO 9AA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK AMANO KUNIHIRO 9AAA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK AMANO KUNIHIRO 9CAA.JPG ART PRINT WOODBLOCK AMANO KUNIHIRO 9DAA.JPG

JUSTIN JAMES, Boland and judy like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Lucille.b, sabre123 and judy like this.
  3. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Probably - thanks. Looks like ink spilled on sheet above signature area!

moreotherstuff likes this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Possible that ink was deliberate. I couldn't find the exact version you have, but other prints seem to have some extra ink like this in places. Anyway, maybe something to check.

5. jmk115

jmk115 New Member

The extra ink is indeed deliberate. I love the Amano print and I'm familiar with his woodblock prints.

6. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted