Help with this vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dano, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Dano

Dano New Member

Hi, can you help me identifying this vase??? It has only marked 1903 2 at the bottom.
    Thank you!!!
    1903 2.jpg
    20181220_143311a.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    moreotherstuff likes this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Welcome Dano - Can you supply a bottom shot please? You be surprised what we can tell just be seeing what the bottom looks like. The way the bottom is finished, the font of the numbers, whether the numbers are written or impressed, etc. might provide us with all kinds of clues. It's a lovely vase.
    Don

Dano and judy like this.
  3. Dano

Dano New Member

Hi, I already attached the bottom picture :D thanks for your response.

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you for the bottom shot. I believe it's European - Late 1800's or very early 1900's. Others may be able to pin down the country of origin. It looks entirely hand painted and in very good condition.
    Don

Dano likes this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

German or Austrian, I'd have said.

Dano and dgbjwc like this.
  6. Dano

Dano New Member

Thanks for your fast responses :D I think your guesses are right and I'm near of finding its true origin.

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Dano! :)
    It’s really beautiful!

Dano likes this.
  8. Quilter

Quilter New Member

Did anyone find out a value on Dano's vase. I have acquired one with the exact same markings with a picture of a lady sitting on a bench surrounded by greenery.
    Joyce

9. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

He was trying for an ID; we can't do values. If you search the numbers on the worthpoint site, you may find one that sold in the last few years, but I wouldn't think that too helpful.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted