Help with Stemware ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Feb 8, 2015.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone! I bought some stemware last night that I thought would be an easy ID. Silly me! The glass seems to be of good quality but does not ring. It has a safety ring across the top. The glass stands 6 1/4" high, 2 7/8" across the base, and 3 3/8" across the top. It has a light cutting of flowers and arches. Please excuse the quality of the pictures - I'm still at the beginning of the experience curve in photographing glass. Some of the pictures appear to give it a blue tint but it is clear crystal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much!
    Don
    IMG_20150208_092949486.jpg IMG_20150208_093039513.jpg IMG_20150208_093523573.jpg IMG_20150208_093645365.jpg

Attached Files:

2. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Libbey Rock Sharp. The did a wide variety of this basic style. I would start with the 3005 blank line. But there are others with that bowl shape. Looks like an ice tea. Replacemts is the only on line source I know. There are a couple of good books for the blank cuttings are harder.

dgbjwc likes this.
  3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Libbey / Rock Sharpe, Normandy Cut, AKA Tropic Rose, Blank 3005.

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! Y'all rock! I've got Replacements Crystal Stemware Identification Guide but it only pictures two longer stemmed items so I missed it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Don

5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

You are very welcome Don!!! :kiss:

A few years back a board regular form the PG&P Board recommended a book called A Collection of American Crystal. It was put out by the Replacements guys & covers Libbey / Rock Sharpe, Glastonbury / Lotus & Hawkes. It has more than paid for itself many times over. :happy:

6. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

I agree with bercrystal an excellent resource.

7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks George and Bercrystal - I found a copy on ebay and have ordered.
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted