Help with signature on docked boat painting + limited/numbered Tarkay real?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Sep 7, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

These are the other 2 pieces I got in a group I bought earlier this week that included a Highwaymen painting by Hezekiah Baker. Can anyone make out the signature? It looks like Franer? to me - I liked it because of the palette style painting, but I'm wondering if it could be a chinese factory painting signed by someone who read the name they were supposed to use wrong?

The 2nd one is supposed to be a signed & numbered limited edition Tarkay print/litho. I'm hoping it might be real because the Norwegian Pearl sticker on the back looks like it came from one of the cruise ships that dock & leave every week here at the Port of Miami.
    Do the cruise ship industry make sure the art they sell or give away as a prize on their cruises is real? It seems they would because they strive to keep their clients happy - and coming back(!)? I would make sure so a unhappy customer doesn't go on my completion's ship next time!
    Is it real?
    Thank you!

ART PAINTING BOAT AT DOCK PALETTE STYLE  FRANC 1AA.jpg ART PAINTING BOAT AT DOCK PALETTE STYLE  FRANC 2BAA.jpg ART PAINTING BOAT AT DOCK PALETTE STYLE  FRANC 4AA.jpg ART PAINTING BOAT AT DOCK PALETTE STYLE  FRANC 8AA.jpg

ART PRINT TARKAY LIMITED EDITION 1AA.jpg
    ART PRINT TARKAY LIMITED EDITION 2AA.jpg ART PRINT TARKAY LIMITED EDITION 3AA.jpg ART PRINT TARKAY LIMITED EDITION 4BAA.jpg ART PRINT TARKAY LIMITED EDITION 8CAA.jpg ART PRINT TARKAY LIMITED EDITION 8CAAB.jpg

2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

The dock scene signature looks like
    - FRANCI -

journeymagazine likes this.
  3. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Sounds more likely than mine - thank you!

Roaring20s likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Think your first is a factory painting. Second may be a legitimate authorized edition but I doubt it is anything the artist had any personal responsibility for.

Roaring20s likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted