Help With Qianlong Palace Workshop Mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mario, May 5, 2017.

1. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

It is on a plate measuring 11-3/4"W, has mark on the foot and has writing on the face of the plate. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. mark1.jpg mark1.jpg mark2.jpg mark3.jpg mark2.jpg mark4.jpg mark5.jpg mark6.jpg

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

That looks like transferware to me, so I guess more recent.

kyratango, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Must say I have never come across such a decorated bottom since I saw an old Army female nurse with a tattooed ass.:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
    greg

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

And....you NEVER forgot it!:facepalm:

Belly chuckles here!:cool::)

But I do have to agree with you Greg, it is the prettiest bottom I've seen too, and, that the design does look like a transfer.

kyratango, komokwa, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Judy,
    Nicest lady you ever met. When she disrobed and was not wearing underwear. She was tattooed from waist to knees. It was such a shock, Never having seen such a sweet woman looking like that. She said being an old Army nurse she had it done in
    Korea. Believe me I have seen my share of guys with tats and piercings but she was my first shocking moment.:rolleyes:
    greg

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Oh Boy, could I ever ask a loaded question re your 2nd sentence, but I won't because of your first sentence!!:shame:

Thanks for sharing!:cat:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yes Greg, thanks, I enjoyed that, still have a silly grin on my face.

I also agree with transferware, and the design is not in keeping with the Qianlong period.
    Chinese porcelain with the Qianlong mark is still being made, not necessarily as fakes, but also to refer to the greatest period in Chinese arts. Your plate was not made as a true fake (if there is such a thing), since the design is nothing like Qianlong designs. I think it was just meant as an attractive plate for people who like opulence.

kyratango, Aquitaine and judy like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the reverse is nicer than the front......at 1st i though bradford exchange ...:hungover:

judy likes this.
  9. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Brandy new! ;)

kyratango likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted