Help with Mexican Pottery Piece Please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Apr 11, 2021.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Pottery Friends - I'm continuing to slowly downsize and I came across this bottle brought back from Mexico. I can't quite read the signature on the bottom. I thought it might be "Oaxaca" but it doesn't match the traditional pottery from that region. The bottle measures 8" across and about 8" tall. I think it's no older than the late 1980's and was new when it was gifted to me. It's a lovely piece but a bit of an outlier with my other collections. Thanks so much for any insight you can offer. Don

IMG_20210410_150709084.jpg IMG_20210410_150722002.jpg IMG_20210410_150748133.jpg IMG_20210410_150759208.jpg

Any Jewelry and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Don, I think it's a person's name....but not sure what....Omeru/Omera???

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you, Aquitaine. I was afraid it might be. Lol! Hope you have been well.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Her name is Mara. I have a mug designed by her.

5. Aquitaine

Hope you have been as well!!! I'm just finishing up hopping around on one leg for 6 weeks after a torn muscle left hip area....hopefully the Dr. will start me on PT next week!!!!!! LONGEST 6 weeks of my LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead::banhappy::joyful::D:hilarious::hilarious: I feel like a cross between a hobbled Easter Bunny and a Flamingo!!!:p:p:p:p

6. Aquitaine

Great!!! Do I get points for being close????:jawdrop::joyful::joyful::joyful::)

7. say_it_slowly

8. Aquitaine

dgbjwc and say_it_slowly like this.
  9. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

SIS, thank you so much! I certainly wouldn't have found it on my own.
    Don

10. say_it_slowly

Of course it always helps when you already have a piece:)

11. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Best wishes for a quick recovery (although you do paint quite the picture)!

Aquitaine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted