Help with Limoges mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Iowa Jayhawk, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Haven't been able to find this one in the myriad of Limoges identification sites. Any suggestions would of course be most welcome. IMG_2790.JPG IMG_2791.JPG IMG_2792.JPG IMG_2793.JPG

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Iowa Jayhawk

I did forget to mention that it is signed, but I can't make out the signature.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Kucker? Given where the signature is placed, I'd say hobbyist painter. Whoever she was, she did a very nice job.

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I see "Tucker"...........and it's VERY nice!!!!

zPlate Signat.jpg

Bakersgma likes this.
  5. Iowa Jayhawk

I figured it was probably a "hobbyist" at work, but you are right, very well done. Thanks as always for the quick responses. Picked this one up at the local Salvation Army store.

Christmasjoy and Bakersgma like this.
  6. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

I think, maybe "Stuker."

Christmasjoy and Bakersgma like this.
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

When I first looked, I thought Stucker too, silver, then could not see it again. But thanks to the closeup view - there it is! BUT - if you look at the corresponding place on the opposite side, what would look like an S is there as well. So Tucker is more likely.

8. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

If you go with Luken, you can find a lot of them.

Huntingtreasure likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted