Help with Large EAPG Goofus Glass Platter

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lew Fisher, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Lew Fisher

Lew Fisher Well-Known Member

Hi-
    Has anybody ever seen one like this? It's heavy and 15" in diameter. Typical goofus gold at the back with big design of 2 schmaltzy cupids. I see one online, in a different colorway, described as a wedding cake platter which makes sense I guess. Does anyone know the maker? Any additional information would be much appreciated. Thanks. DSCN5170.JPG DSCN5171.JPG DSCN5172.JPG

Figtree3 and TallCakes like this.
  2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Fenton and Imperial both did glass plates with raised designs but I couldn't find this one. Could someone have painted it with radiator paint?

3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

4. Lew Fisher

Lew Fisher Well-Known Member

Wow! I'm speechless...and humbled. I felt sure it was EAPG with that gold (goofus) treatment. Although I didn't see any of that in the Mikasa (I would think that look isn't modern/wouldn't sell) I guess that's what it must be. Thanks TallCakes.

Figtree3, laura9797 and TallCakes like this.
  5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Most goofus glass I've seen has gold and some kind of red.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted