Help with identifying and value of table

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Amanda Wamb, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Amanda Wamb

Amanda Wamb Member

opencoffeetable.jpg coffeetableside.jpg coffeetableleg.jpg coffeetabletop.jpg

Greetings! I recently inherited this table and am wondering what era and style it is along with type of wood and what it's value might be. It was used as a coffee table but am wondering if that's it's intended use. It opens up on a hinge for storage inside.

I'm looking to sell it in the Seattle area and am wondering how much I should ask for it. It's 21" tall, 39" wide and 17" deep. Appreciate any help! Cheers!

2. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

I'd guess it's a piano bench, but wait for other opinions.

yourturntoloveit and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I second that opinion.

yourturntoloveit and lauragarnet like this.
  4. Amanda Wamb

Amanda Wamb Member

Yeah I was wondering if it was a piano bench too. Works great as a coffee table though.

lauragarnet likes this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Oak piano bench. Under $100.00.

6. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Handy for duets. Tinkle the ivories cheek to cheek.

Please note that where 'it's' does not mean it is, there is no apostrophe. As in 'its value'. An apostrophe always indicates a missing letter or two. As in the dog, his breakfast or dog's breakfast.

7. Chance

Chance New Member

Repaint it if you want to sell it, Im finding that only shabby chic Items are selling right now. Try chalk paint, the distress it, you may be able to get 75.00 for it after that. The area I live in has 20 thrift stores I hit them everyday and something like this would go for 30.00

8. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Not much demand for piano benches in my area of the country. I'd say $50 retail.

I really dislike the trend of painting perfectly good solid wood furniture. Martha Stewart or whoever got this craze going be ran out of town on a rail.

cxgirl likes this.
  9. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Please do not paint that. The wood looks beautiful.

SeaGoat and cxgirl like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted