Help with ID on this green glass footed bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by 916Bulldogs123, Nov 2, 2014.

1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

I could use some help with a possible ID of this bowl.
    Green maybe Uranium or Vasalene?
    Depression or elegant? New or old?
    Possible maker.
    6" diameter x 3" tall three footed.

Mikey
    atree 19848.jpg
    atree 19850.jpg
    atree 19851.jpg

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Mikey,
    Remember "If it is green it ain't vaseline". If it glows with a black light you can call it uranium. Looks like a lot better glass than depression. I would call it Elegant. I can't check my books but it is a nice piece of glass.
    greg

3. 916Bulldogs123

Hi Greg,
    Thanks for looking. If you have a chance look at this Ebay
    Item 311124313128. same bowl only much larger and green not a clear green like mine.

4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

From the feet I think this is a US Glass/Tiffin piece - if I can find my book I'll see if it is in there.

5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Yes, shown in US Glass Co book pg 92 #15310 line, from the size I believe this would be the bowl from the whipped cream set, missing the ladle and under plate.
    In production from 1922 through the 1930s.

6. 916Bulldogs123

Awesome,
    I thank you very much for finding it for me. I seem to have lost my black light so am not sure if it is uranium.
    Mikey

7. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Put it in strong sunlight, if it has uranium you will see it glow a bit :)

8. 916Bulldogs123

Someone else told me to take a picture in the dark using
    the flash and it would show also.
    this is what i got from that suggestion.
    atree 19859.jpg

9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

yup, that looks like it is glowing.

10. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I found out about the sunlight thing when I was doing a yard sale with neighbors. One neighbor brought a green Depression glass item that glowed like mad when the sun came out. I took it home and tested it for her under a backlight and this is what I got :)

GreenTubGlow.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted