Help with ID on glass candle holders,please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Jul 29, 2015.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Going for a long shot here. Hoping these candle holders trigger a memory of the who, what and when? The have 6 concave sides. The facets at the bottom of the "cup" have an indentation. Approximately 3 1/2" tall x 4 1/2"diameter. At first I thought they were an ice cream sundae but they are definitely candle holders. TIA[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

KingofThings likes this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

No clue but nice! :)

*crs* likes this.
  3. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Just a guess, they look like McKee's Kanawah pattern.

*crs* likes this.
  4. *crs*

Thanks Tom. someone had suggested in a FB group that it looked like a McKee pattern. Interesting history you have quoted on chataboutdg. The only example I could find was on that site.

Carl

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Carl - I checked my candlestick book (Felt and Stoer, Volume 3) and did find it under the McKee section. No. 1776 candlestick, 3 1/2" with a 2 3/4" base (heights vary from 3" to 3 1/4"). Circa 1929-1930s. Known in crystal, green, jade green, Jap blue and rose pink. Sold as part of the "Colonial three piece Console Set" and advertised as new in the August 1929 issue of The Crockery and Glass Journal...

It goes on to say the mold now appears to be owned by L.E. Smith and they reproduced it but not, apparently, in crystal.

If you'd like to see the page from Felt and Stoer let me know and I'll try a scan.
    Don

Bakersgma likes this.
  6. *crs*

A scan is not necessary Don. Thank you for the confirmation. Do you mind if I use the info in my listing? I found out on chataboutdg that it first appeared in a 1915 McKee announcement. Part of the Colonial line but was originally made by Riverside Glass in 1906.
    Carl

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Please use whatever you need! Good luck with the listing!
    Don

*crs* likes this.
  8. *crs*

Draft saved Draft deleted