Help with ID and Value of base of large china cabinet

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by azzino26, May 4, 2023.

1. azzino26

azzino26 New Member

Found this piece in the apartment I just moved into in Portugal. It's too big for the space, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. It's very heavy, and the details are nice. There is no brand label or date that I can see. It looks to be the base of a china cabinet, as the top is not a solid flat surface (there are screw holes on it)

Thank you!

IMG_4025.jpg IMG_4026.jpg
    IMG_4024.jpg

Any Jewelry and Aquitaine like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that's too bad about the space......you could store a lot of items in that puppy !!!

azzino26 likes this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

As you are finding, large is not necessarily good. That said, someone may want it at the right price. I have no idea of what the market is like in Portugal. Also, do you have permission from the landlord to get rid of it?

Any Jewelry, azzino26 and komokwa like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd cheerfully use it to store all my odds and ends as long as it's already there. Beats moving that beast.

azzino26, komokwa and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. azzino26

azzino26 New Member

@verybrad Definitely! It's too big for the elevator, and can barely be moved within the apartment. If it was two separate pieces or half the size it'd be perfect. I have permission from the landlord to remove it, but it is up to me to get it out.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. azzino26

azzino26 New Member

@evelyb30 I'm considering moving it to a different room, but it's difficult with the size of the piece and the layout of the apartment. Unfortunately due to it's size, it's preventing my from getting a decent sized sofa when it is in the current room (living area).

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. komokwa

some one got it in.....so there's gotta be a way to move it around or out....:wideyed:

get creative..........and get friends over !!:woot:

many hands , make light work !!;)

8. komokwa

we moved a larger piece like that out of my pal's basement......but first we had to remove ........the basement stairway ....stairs and all !!:eek::eek::eek:

azzino26 likes this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Maybe if you take the door of the room off its hinges? That often creates that extra space you need to maneuver.

As for value, since it is such a large piece of furniture, you'd be selling it locally, so you'll have to do some research in Portugal. Or maybe offer it to a dealer and see how much you can get for it.
    But if you can get it to the other room, it will be great for storage.

10. Rufus@frockstarvintage

Rufus@frockstarvintage Well-Known Member

Buy a saw.

Draft saved Draft deleted