Help with etched glassware

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Marie Forjan, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I got these glasses at a yard sale and am having trouble IDing the etch. I checked chataboutdg for “etch and urn”, “etch and swag” and “etch and basket” with no luck. I also looked in Florence’s 4 books on pattern glass and found nothing. These are clearly blown glass, very delicate.

The stems are small wines, 5-1/2” tall, 2-5/8” across the opening. The tumblers are also small, 4” tall, 2-7/8” across the opening.

I posted this on the ebay PGP board also just in case. Does anyone have any ideas?

As always, I truly appreciate andy help given :happy:

UrnEtchWine.jpg
    UrnEtchJuice.jpg
    UrnEtchCU.jpg

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I don't know the pattern name but I may have a match or close match to it from my grandmother passed down to me - which I think may have come from her mother.

I cannot get to it today but I'll try to remember to look this weekend.

At that time I'll also try to check in my elegant glassware books for us both, and for a platter listed a while back.

3. Marie Forjan

Thank you for giving it a try. My first thought was Tiffin because of the bell flowers under the urn. I located a book put out by Replacements called "Tiffin is Forever" and it wasn't there :(

antidiem likes this.
  4. Marie Forjan

antidiem likes this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you got an answer! I've not been well enough to uncover my own.:dead:

Draft saved Draft deleted