Help with Chinese/japanese pottery vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by charlie cheswick, Apr 7, 2016.

1. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

Hi, could anyone help me identify this large pottery vase, any info on style, age, maker or keywords would be a great help

There are markings (impressed) to the bottom rim

Many thank yous DSC03000.JPG DSC03014 (1).JPG DSC03000.JPG DSC02993.JPG DSC03002.JPG DSC03014 (1).JPG

Attached Files:

2. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Hi, nice vase, could you get a good close up of the markings on the bottom? That may help others to help you.:)

3. charlie cheswick

img20160407_202420.jpg Hi, thanks for your reply, here is a close up of the mark its a couple of characters in Japanese/chinese

yourturntoloveit and tyeldom3 like this.
  4. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Still somewhat hard to see but hopefully someone may be able to help. :)

5. charlie cheswick

Hi how old would you say the vase was ?

I want to sell it and need some info on it, would you think it would be described as flambe ?

After looking up online I'm pretty sure the characters are chinese

6. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Just curious but . . . regarding the marks/markings . . . is that "animal?" figure to the right in the last photo a turtle or a duck perhaps????

7. charlie cheswick

Hi , thanks for your response.no there are no other markings apart from the 2 charcacter marks, there are a few small chips though

yourturntoloveit likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted