Help With Chinese? Blue and White Plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bdigger, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Does anybody Know anything about this little plate? I believe it is Chinese and Hand Painted. I have had it for years and remember buying it for 10 cents at a flea Market because I liked it. It is about 4 1/2" across and I think it is a chrysanthemum (sp?). It is marked, but i couldn't find it on the gotheborg site, but I have to admit that my eyes went buggy after about 10 minutes LOL. Just thought I see if anybody might know something! Thank you in advance! I'll head back to gotheborg and look some more. iphone pics 006 (800x795).jpg iphone pics 002.JPG

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The only help I can offer is Spider Mum

By the way it's good to see you here Mike.
    I posted the same on the introduction thread.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    Bdigger and spirit-of-shiloh like this.
  3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I would guess it's teacup saucer and, given the subject matter, Japanese. I have a hunch you're showing the siggy upside-down. Very pretty.

Bdigger likes this.
  4. Bdigger

Yeah I wondered about the siggy. I do have another pic of it the other way but it was too big to post. I'll see if I can adjust it. I never considered tea cup because there is no cup ring, but the size is right. 006.JPG

5. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

I've gotten used to comparing marks to the ones on gotheborg, but yours would drive anyone buggy! LOL.

It reminds me very much of a plate I had several months back, but I can't remember the name (ugh, I hate my memory).

Here's a site for more modern marks if you'd like to take a look.

http://modernjapanesepotterymarks.blogspot.com/

You kind of have to click on the various blog dates on the right hand side, but there's lots of good stuff to look at.

Bdigger likes this.
  6. Bdigger

Thank you for the info and Link Tie.die.....I took a quick look at it late last night. Looks Interesting. I will take a closer and more careful look today.

tie.dye.cat likes this.
  7. rro2000

rro2000 Active Member

The mark is oriented correctly in post #1 and I would also say that it is Japanese.

tie.dye.cat likes this.
  8. khl889

khl889 Well-Known Member

kentworld likes this.
  9. Bdigger

Thank you Very Much KHL889. They make some pretty stuff. I appreciate you taking the time to ID the plate, and provide the link!

Draft saved Draft deleted