Help with Bier Judaica Shabbat Candlesticks, Tray

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Lew Fisher, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Lew Fisher

Lew Fisher Well-Known Member

Hi Folks-
    Acquired these heavy metal candlesticks and tray marked Bier Israel. I believe they are Shabbat candlesticks. One candlestick is etched Bier and 126/300. (There may be a letter before Bier.) Height of the candle holders is only 2-7/16"" and yet the whole outfit weighs 2 lbs. and 1 oz...they're heavy.
    I've been looking at a lot of Bier Judaica objects online. But most of what I see is sterling and I'm not seeing any limited editions of anything. These are unmarked as to the metal content. Nor have I found any example of this sleek modernist design. Wonder why? Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. DSCN6768.JPG DSCN6769.JPG DSCN6770.JPG DSCN6771.JPG DSCN6772.JPG DSCN6773.JPG DSCN6774.JPG DSCN6775.JPG DSCN6776.JPG DSCN6777.JPG

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Those pieces look like brass rather than silver. The candle holders look like they're for tealights instead of tall candles. I've never seen Shabbat holders made for anything but tapers, but first time for everything.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member