Help with artist's name on a small 'doodle' painting?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Apr 16, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I think this looks like someone doodling and I wasn't sure if I was going to but it, but a friend/fellow picker who is a picker, (but at a higher level than me - he just put a $15,000 bid on a original Britto painting & when he buys from my finds he always picks out the listed artist pieces) went on about it when he saw it in my cart & said I should put it on antiquers & see what they say.
    Any idea of artist?
    Any thoughts on this?
    Thank you all - I'm hoping he's right because I bought it Friday at the thrift!

ART PAINTING DOODLE SMALL PAINTING 1AA.jpg ART PAINTING DOODLE SMALL PAINTING 1AAC.jpg ART PAINTING DOODLE SMALL PAINTING 3AA.jpg ART PAINTING DOODLE SMALL PAINTING 4AA.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I see "Heissman." What is the medium? Watercolor?

Debora

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I was wrong. As above. Pola Weizmann.

Debora

6. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I thought William spelled funny but not that it was last name first - thanks say_it_slowly!!
    Not sure what it is Debora - but am sure my friend was right again!

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Kinda cute....4 sheep & a shepherd.......not a clue on value......definitely a style!!

8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Looked at several brief online biographies and also several versions of her signature online, and believe the spelling of her last name is Weizman, with one "n." Some sources say she was prisoner during the Holocaust, but eventually escaped to Israel. She was born in 1939. A couple of sources say she died in 2015.

I believe this is an entry for her, in the Holocaust Survivors and Victims database, via the U. S. Holocaust Memorial Museum.
    https://www.ushmm.org/online/hsv/person_view.php?PersonId=4283537

I haven't found many authoritative sources for information about her. Mostly just websites that repeat other sites.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  9. JUSTIN JAMES

JUSTIN JAMES The Curios Agency

Draft saved Draft deleted