Help with artist on familiar looking painting?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Dec 8, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this yesterday at a new thrift store I came across - I know it has some paint flecks loss but it seemed so familiar I bought it & figured someone here would be able to help me!
    Does anyone know the artist's name?
    Should I try to match paint & touch up where loss is?
    Thank you!

ART PAINTING 2 FACES PAINTING 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING 2 FACES PAINTING 2AA.JPG ART PAINTING 2 FACES PAINTING 3AA.JPG ART PAINTING 2 FACES PAINTING 4AA.JPG ART PAINTING 2 FACES PAINTING 5AA.JPG ART PAINTING 2 FACES PAINTING 5AAA.JPG

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Get yourself some acrylics and retouch. Ive done this before and as long as you match the colour and texture, who would know?

journeymagazine likes this.
  4. journeymagazine

5. Houseful

There is a granular additive you can buy in Art supply shops and add to the paint to get the texture.

6. journeymagazine

Is that what I say when I ask for it?

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I think that's going to be "in the style of." My suggestion would be to let buyer restore to her/his taste. The difference in value after your time/effort wouldn't be great, I'd think. Others, of course, may disagree.

Debora

8. Houseful

Sand or pumice acrylic texture gel. To me it’s an easy touch up fix and I think obvious damage gets your price knocked down by a prospective buyer or puts others off entirely but it’s up to you if you think you can do a good job.

Draft saved Draft deleted