help weird delft tiles identify?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by onemoretime?, Feb 5, 2024.

1. onemoretime?

onemoretime? New Member

I got these from a house that was being demoed. they aren't original to the house done during a previous remodel.Very large expensive house.
    There are no markings. The art is rather over the top almost comical.
    Hand painted.
    I think ceramic.
    Very brittle.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

wlwhittier and moreotherstuff like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Well, those are all kinds of fun! I dunno about age or who made them, but it is possible that they were new at the time of the previous remodel. There might possibly be some info or mark on the back of a tile if you could remove one from the grout and clean the back. But that might not be possible. They are glazed pottery. Aside from the Dutch, Spain and Portugal also made a lot of tiles.

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

And Italy.;)

The hat of the woman in the top row looks Alpine to me. The puff sleeves are also a thing from German speaking regions. The person holding up a cross, in the second row, suggests a Catholic region.

kentworld, wlwhittier and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Do you know when the previous remodel was done? Design style may give an indication.

Draft saved Draft deleted