Help w/signature on very white painting w/color from flowers

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Oct 3, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this yesterday at my local thrift store - I almost passed it by because at first look it looked too white/all white! But when I picked it up & looked I noticed the little areas of color from the trees and people walking about, and I thought it was kind of cool.
    The signature is almost impossible to read (Hunt?), but I'm hoping someone here can pull out a miracle!
    Any thoughts on the painting?
    Thank you!

ART PAINTING WHITISH SCENE 1AA.jpg ART PAINTING WHITISH SCENE 2AA.jpg ART PAINTING WHITISH SCENE 4AA.jpg ART PAINTING WHITISH SCENE 4DAA.jpg ART PAINTING WHITISH SCENE 7AA.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I suspect that a factory painting.

Debora

3. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Really? Damn.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Parisian street scene. A scene that doesn't look observed. Illegible signature in red paint.

Debora

johnnycb09 likes this.
  5. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

2 tees in huntt?

6. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Yeah, any street scene that has the look of a tourist piece and is quickly/loosely painted always tweaks my Factory Painting senses too. Worse when the signature is illegible/non-sensical and red. But I've been wrong before.... Sometimes they're just tourist paintings by a local artist, as opposed to a Chinese one.

It's got a dreamy quality to it and people love Paris so that doesn't mean it wouldn't sell.

verybrad, Any Jewelry and Boland like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's a pretty painting, but I suspect tourist art or factory art rather than fine art. It would sell regardless because it's pretty and foggy and somebody would go for it. I'm seeing it hanging on a brick wall somewhere.

Boland likes this.
  8. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

For me the frame doesn’t suit it and just makes it look like cheap decoration.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

But isn’t that the very nature of factory art?

10. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

Pointy legs on wet Paris streets. It seems to be a factory art cliche.

Draft saved Draft deleted