Help w/Artists of 2 Older...Unusual Clowns?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Mar 24, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found these 2 clowns at a local thrift store a couple of days ago. I haven't got around to them because I had a few things sell on eBay (including a still in box doll that eats & poops(!) that I put in a auction and it ended up selling for $345!) and have been packing & readying for shipping.
    But now that I have the time I am really curious about what you will think of these paintings - and hopefully find out who the artists are!

The 1st one reminds me of a thin Jackie Gleason, but the 2nd one (Kudler) kinda reminds me of a Modigliani?

So - do you like these? Any help with the artists/thoughts on them would be greatly appreciated!

PS - I may not answer until tomorrow - getting ready to take my dad out to dinner for his 91st birthday!

Thank you!

ART PAINTING CLOWN TALL 1AA.jpg ART PAINTING CLOWN TALL 2AA.jpg ART PAINTING CLOWN TALL 3.jpg ART PAINTING CLOWN TALL 4.jpg

ART PAINTING CLOWN TALL DALI LOOKING 2AA.jpg ART PAINTING CLOWN TALL DALI LOOKING 3AA.jpg ART PAINTING CLOWN TALL DALI LOOKING 4AA.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

3. Antiquefab

Antiquefab Well-Known Member

First clown painting is by Jack Cooley ,1923-2008;New Orleans, American artist.

journeymagazine and Bronwen like this.
  4. Antiquefab

Antiquefab Well-Known Member

2nd clown painting looks more likley an art students work,than a full time artist ,in my opinion.

Bronwen likes this.
  5. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

No worries - thank you for first one; shows I still need to learn - I like the 2nd one!

Draft saved Draft deleted