Help to identify material of vase and maker

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Donna HA, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

Hello!

I got this unique vase from a woman that had a trailer full of treasures she stopped selling her stuff. This was one item I find very cool but what is this material?
    It's not glass it feels like resin? Carved?
    There's a white material between the roses looks like dirt but maybe a paint to highlight? It doesn't come off though.
    The bottom has felt I may have to remove otherwise and see if anything there.
    Any ideas appreciated.
    Stay safe out there.

rose resin vase - Copy.jpg rose resin vase2 - Copy.jpg

Bronwen and Boland like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Resin would have been molded, I think. I have a vase made of resin and my sense of it is that it was molded.

Donna HA likes this.
  3. David Kiehl

David Kiehl Well-Known Member

Can you take a photo of the bottom?

Donna HA likes this.
  4. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

How big is it? Does the inside of the neck look like it ever took a stopper? Without knowing how big it is, it's whispering perfume bottle to me, LOL.
    You could try soaking the felt on the bottom in a flat pan or flat bottom bowl with just enough cool water to cover the felt. Hopefully it's glued on with something that dissolves easily and everything will come off in one piece.

Donna HA likes this.
  5. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

Draft saved Draft deleted