Help me identify these gold gilded armchairs

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by fotis_k, Jan 2, 2019.

1. fotis_k

fotis_k Member

Hello and happy new year.

I need your help to identify these armchairs(age,style etc). I bought them from an antique store about a year ago and I kept them on the storage and now i want to reupholster them but before that i want to know if it worths to as in my area it is very espensive to do it. At the store they were described them “louis armchairs”(propably louis quinze?)

The measurements are the following:

Max height(from the floor to the crown): 85cm

Max width:88cm

Min width:72cm

F35F06F6-24BE-4732-9D76-5C87F6B8F34C.jpeg 94AF1DAC-93F5-4926-A520-3D8993295E37.jpeg 76B0888C-944D-48E7-AEAA-611E76D76569.jpeg 53BBAD76-0370-41ED-AC5F-217ABC8D531D.jpeg 5F68624C-CD36-4558-808F-2359FC168212.jpeg 656AD9AB-75F0-4FA1-9241-4BA779EFCC76.jpeg 55413930-1F22-4425-816A-B8215ABC8AA1.jpeg 6F737F05-D92B-4781-A385-49340B1D4682.jpeg 9DFFD34A-5CC1-4BFC-ACA3-AA37D07C9A22.jpeg

cxgirl and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Lecollectionneur

Lecollectionneur Well-Known Member

First half of the 20th century in my opinion, especially looking at the under part which has no marks of old nails and construction, a new one cost you about 1500$ in the same quality, second hand value here is about 100$, interesting for me to know if they are countries where this is a high value seat today.

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Agree with the above assessment. Here in the US, chairs needing upholstery regardless of quality are worth little to nothing. Once upholstered, they are not worth what it cost to have them done. If doing for yourself and the cost does not exceed the cost of similar quality new, it is probably worth doing. This is assuming you love them and they fit the bill for you. If expecting to do this for re-sale, you will likely lose money. Your market in Northern Europe may differ so don't take this assessment as gospel.

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It would be the same or worse here in the Netherlands.

@fotis_k , you once mentioned you were in Greece. Has it shifted position?:angelic::playful:
    Wherever you are, a happy new year to you too.:)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    fotis_k, judy and i need help like this.
  5. fotis_k

fotis_k Member

It depends from the store. If i had bought them from an antique store in the center of Athens then i would have given much more money than i did.(propably 400€/per item). But the store i got them brings a lot of antiques and vintage things from old athenian houses in much lower prices.

i need help likes this.
  6. fotis_k

fotis_k Member

No still in beautiful Greece ;)

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  7. fotis_k

fotis_k Member

Does anyone also know their style?

They asked me about 600€/per chair to reupholster them that’s why i am concerned about the fact if it worths.

If they are made at 1900 then it definately worths for me.But if they are just vintage armchair from 50s then i’m not sure.

8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I must have my geography all wrong:confused::
    Does this mean the Netherlands is now in southern Europe? Have we switched places?:playful:

9. fotis_k

fotis_k Member

It’s my fault:playful:.I meant southern.

In greek southern is Notia and i was confused with North(similar words):facepalm:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. Lecollectionneur

Lecollectionneur Well-Known Member

This is not a vintage chair, it's made respecting good workmanship for chairs with the springs and the tissue bands under.
    If you like to have them at home, the cost is not a problem if you have the money but if you hope sell them and make profit…
    The style is what we call in french "Louis caisse", it's a deformation with irony from the Louis XV pronunciation(for something which never really exist as it is made but only a mix from seller and buyer needs.

fotis_k and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted