Help me identify my art

Discussion in 'Art' started by Meg Dykes, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Meg Dykes

Meg Dykes New Member

20210102_200946.jpg 20210102_200927.jpg Does anyone know anything about these prints or has anyone seen them before? They were left in the attic by a Czechoslovakian family and found by my mother when her family bought the house. View attachment 299769

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I would guess they are chromolithographs and they look Edwardian to me. The frames appear to be in very good condition and appropriate in age to the prints.

I found both images online at Alamy, which sells reprints. They offer little information - only say Germany for both, 1905 for the first and 1908 for the second. I'm thinking that's their best guess. Taking them out of the frame might reveal a signature (check lower left and lower right corners). There could be info on the back. If you do that, be careful - the paper is likely to be brittle.

Both look to be the same artist to me.

zz.jpg

zzz.jpg

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Any Jewelry and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Meg Dykes

Meg Dykes New Member

Thank you! They are not signed and have no markings on the back (I have had them out of the frame). As a small child I thought I was one of the children. Lol

moreotherstuff likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

5. Meg Dykes

Meg Dykes New Member

The prints are roughly 16x20

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Late Victorian sentimental genre scenes, I'd think.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted