Featured Help identifying vintage floor lamp?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Audrey Fogelsonger, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Audrey Fogelsonger

Audrey Fogelsonger New Member

Hello, I recently picked this up at a flea market. I'm pretty positive the whole base is brass, it is very heavy. While I was looking at it, it looks like the top is missing a piece. I took a picture of where I think the top piece would go. There's 3 holes along the top. I'm hoping I could maybe find it somewhere online. I don't know if it would help in the identifying process, but as crazy as it sounds, it apparently can do 250 Watts. Just wondering if anybody would know the year or the make. Thank you so much!

Attached Files:

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Audrey and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!! Here are your images FULL SIZE, which you can do the next time you post, just by, once they are loaded, clicking on the VERY TOP IMAGE that says to "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS A FULL IMAGE"!! Thanks! :):)

Snapchat-138146369.jpg

Snapchat-1609691722.jpg
    Snapchat-221359143.jpg
    Snapchat-1633324697.jpg

3. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

it is an uplight or torchiere - not missing a piece just missing one of the decorative shade screws...

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

It may very well have had a cap. Here is something similar

[​IMG]

5. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Those are fun with the cap!!! I have only seen caps on lantern form torchieres.

6. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

something about the ripple glass and the overall look of the "brass' make me think this is a 1970 reproduction..... that said , need to see the actual bulb socket and bottom of the base and the cord and plug..... but I could be wrong .... the style says 1920's / 1930's though .... maybe it had a slag glass shade and that is a repro shade ..

7. Audrey Fogelsonger

Audrey Fogelsonger New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted