Featured Help identifying this table?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by AxmxZ, Jan 28, 2021.

1. AxmxZ

AxmxZ New Member

20210128_111516b.jpg It's such an unusual shape, I don't even know what keywords to search for!

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I've taken the liberty of reposting your photograph as Full Image. You'll want to remember to use Full Image in the future as makes it easier for everyone to see. That's a nice wood surface; hope you're being careful with what you place there.

Debora

20210128_111516b.jpg

3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

4. AxmxZ

AxmxZ New Member

Thank you! New to the forum, still figuring out the buttons :)) I edited the original

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Art deco elm veneer occasional table. Not sure if this is a period piece or a retro creation.

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

7. AxmxZ

AxmxZ New Member

Thank you so much! We bought it from an antique dealer in Manhattan, so it was sold to us as a period piece from the 30s I believe? It was a decade ago

KikoBlueEyes and komokwa like this.
  8. mark737

mark737 Well-Known Member

Here's another shot from the internet. Described as "Art Deco burl and chrome s-shaped coffee table". I found two images but no maker or date. This one was posted by an antiques dealer in Australia. ADCT.jpg

9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I 'do' antiques, but I think your coffee table is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!:happy::happy::happy: AND, WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!!!!:):)

10. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Yes agree with @Aquitaine, very lovely piece, true deco, period, gorgeous.

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that puppy deserves a coaster or two........it's lovely....
    but ...it was made to be lived with.....and it seems you got that down..! :happy::happy::happy:

12. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

And be careful if you have it up against a radiator (is that what I see on the right end?), the heat can damage it :(

Fid, AxmxZ, ritzyvintage and 2 others like this.
  13. AxmxZ

AxmxZ New Member

It's not a radiator thankfully - heat comes out the top, the side in for air intake I believe

14. AxmxZ

AxmxZ New Member

We always use coasters for all drinks and food, but it's pretty much a work table and has been for a decade

pixieforpapa and komokwa like this.
  15. AxmxZ

AxmxZ New Member

It's olivewood I believe, but yep, that sounds right.

We're actually looking to downsize and sell it. If anyone knows how to go about making sure it goes to someone who can restore the bits that need atttention and give it love, I'd love to hear it. We've never had to sell antiques before...

16. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

most important is the original bill because this s form is still produced.
    from the knobs it's an original IMO.

Draft saved Draft deleted