Help identifying pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Laetriuse, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Laetriuse

Laetriuse Member

hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of pottery this is. at first glance I thought it was some type of studio pottery, but it has weird writing that I can't read.

IMG_0426.JPG IMG_0428.JPG IMG_0423.JPG IMG_0425.JPG

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I wonder if that writing is off a newspaper it was wrapped in ? I looked for "barnacle vases" and I was surprised how many there are. I do think this is student pottery though.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    judy and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Some "art student" project, I suspect.

judy likes this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Yes, the writing maybe have come off of some printed paper. Hold the writing up to a mirror and see if you can make it out.

judy likes this.
  5. Laetriuse

Laetriuse Member

Ok I appreciate all of the responses, I don't think it's ink that got stuck from paper, because it's all over the vase I only showed one part of it. The writing appears to be part of the glaze. But I might be wrong. I'll keep doing research hopefully I'll find something. Worst case scenario it looks nice on my book case.

judy likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i feel bad for your bookcase...:hilarious:

7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

If the words are all over the piece, that's kind of an interesting design. It does look like it might be beneath the glaze now that I'm taking a 2nd look at the photo. I have an artist neighbor who would love this.

Draft saved Draft deleted