Help Identifying Japanese Porcelain Marks

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dfinds13, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Dfinds13

Dfinds13 New Member

IMG_0411.jpeg IMG_0407.jpeg Just picked this up and was wondering if anyone can help identifying the markings. I have looked through a ton and have found nothing. Thanks!

laura9797 likes this.
  2. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

3. Dfinds13

Dfinds13 New Member

That’s what I figured just didn’t see that particular mark can you elaborate on how you know that. Thanks!

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Lower right character is Nippon. Don't know what the rest mean.

5. Dfinds13

Dfinds13 New Member

That’s what I thought at first but the Nippon mark usually has another horizontal line on that symbol

6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Did you look on gotheborg.com under Japanese marks?

7. Dfinds13

Dfinds13 New Member

I did unfortunately nothing there either. If it had the usual “window” or square on square symbol typically accompanied with the nippon mark I would be convinced but best I could come up with is is bottom right being the symbol for tree or wood and the bottom left being the symbol for adult or mature. I’m sure I’m overthinking it but hate when I can’t compare to a known mark.

kentworld likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted