Help identifying hand blown lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bakersgma, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Hi Kristen, It was not necessary to start a second thread to add the extra pictures. You should have been able to add them to a "reply" (doing so is absolutely allowable.)

As long as we're here, how do you know that the base (covered by the brass base) is smooth? And, since I've never heard of this before, why does that mean it was made in Murano (which is a place, not a single maker?) Is there a maker's sticker somewhere?

I'm also having a hard time with your assumption that this was blown, unless you count blown into a mold as the same thing. Is that what you meant?

2. Bakersgma

@Bookahtoo Would you be so kind as to merge Kristen's 2 threads about a blue lamp into 1 to save confusion? Thanks!

3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

@Bakersgma why not ask the questions on the lamp thread?

4. Bakersgma

Both threads are about the same lamp. This was the first one she posted. So this is where I asked. But I see now that Kristen's OP from this thread is gone. :confused: And I did not start this thread! I guess it has to do with Book trying to merge them together?

cxgirl likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

The other thread shows edit by moderator at 4:05pm. But now all the pictures are gone.

6. kristen himes

kristen himes Rattle Can Master

If you have more questions than me why are offering up advice? I never said I was some expert, hence my posting on this forum. I somehow accidentally posted this twice, my bad. The smooth brass base is more typical of Murano than a more embellished and intricate base.

7. Bakersgma

So sorry for the confusion, Kristen. The few questions in the first post are the only ones I wanted to ask of you. All of my posts after that were in response to @cxgirl. I'm afraid that in trying to help you, I created more problem that I hoped to solve.

8. kristen himes

kristen himes Rattle Can Master

Draft saved Draft deleted