Featured Help identifying a signature on a pottery bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by eastcoastcurious, Feb 28, 2024.

1. eastcoastcurious

eastcoastcurious Well-Known Member

72721384-8E70-4BD4-9EDC-06273139B27A.jpeg Hello! This bowl is about 7” wide and it has some crazing, so it’s likely vintage. the form and mark/stamp look like they might be Asian inspired. Could you please let me know if the form or the signature look familiar? 9499B672-D012-4773-A474-DE7CED2A6B4B.jpeg 1FCD9B9A-18A0-485C-AEE6-EDAC33D5DDBE.jpeg 4EC47838-86C4-4339-A877-8FCA194CF7CA.jpeg 26C26669-9F58-403E-AEDA-8EE342AA42F9.jpeg E776F6FA-43FC-4A0A-859B-1CE5A1257C91.jpeg

judy, kentworld and mirana like this.
  2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Pretty studio pottery bowl. No idea on who made it and studio pottery is notoriously difficult to ID. Google lens might be an idea. Quite often this type of pottery doesn't travel too far from where it was produced, so could be a potter near your area.

3. eastcoastcurious

Thanks, everyone!

komokwa likes this.
  4. Virginia

Virginia New Member

eastcoastcurious likes this.
  5. Virginia

Virginia New Member

The second link you can do a search by location, so ask suggested, you may find the potter near you if they chose to be on this site.

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

eastcoastcurious and Marote like this.
  7. Virginia

Virginia New Member

If you're replying to me, thanks. I wasn't aware. I'll spend more time acquainting myself once I become an official member. Keep putting it off.

kentworld and komokwa like this.
  8. eastcoastcurious

THanks for the help!

9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

What part of the world was it found in?

10. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

There are some good facebook groups to ID studio pottery.

eastcoastcurious and kentworld like this.
  11. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Welcome Virginia! The more the merrier!

komokwa and eastcoastcurious like this.
  12. eastcoastcurious

Southeastern USA, Georgia!

Draft saved Draft deleted