Help identify old objects

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Ivi, Aug 21, 2024.

1. Ivi

Ivi New Member

IMG_20240821_122746.jpg
    IMG_20240821_124308.jpg
    Hello everyone.

I have two antique objects and I'm not sure what they are. Any kind of information of similar objects, the era they belong to or even personal opinions would be greatly appreciated (photos attached).

The first of them is 3cm long. It looks like some kind of lead brooch, but I have not found any similar items to compare it with.

The second object is 3cm in diameter, appears to be stainless steel, and you can see an "A" and a "0" on the surface. This object maybe is not very old.

Thank you very much for your time.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
    Bronwen and Figtree3 like this.
  2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, @Ivi -- Could you show more angles for each item? Both bottom and top, sides, etc.? They look sort of like old collar buttons or cuff links, or maybe small pins.

Also, some people don't like clicking thumbnail photos. When posting you can choose to show the full image larger. You can even go back to edit your post to select that option.

Bronwen and Debora like this.
  3. Ivi

Ivi New Member

Hello!

Thank you very much for your suggestions! I have already editted the post to show the images as full image.

I also attach here somo additional photos from both objects.

Thank you very much again. IMG_20240821_180655.jpg IMG_20240821_180529.jpg IMG_20240821_180510.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The second one looks like a flattened cuff button.

Ivi, Figtree3 and kentworld like this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Yes, flattened... I was wondering about the angle of it. Now that I see the other photo, flattened does make sense.

Ivi likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It looks dug, so smashed flat would make sense.

Figtree3 and mirana like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted