Help Identify and Value a Union National China Cabinet

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Paul Piedra, Oct 19, 2023.

1. Paul Piedra

Paul Piedra New Member

I have this China Cabinet we are thinking of getting rid of. We are moving out of state and need to downsize quite a bit. It's a Union-National curved glass china cabinet. I did a bunch of searching and aside from some info on company, I really can't find anything about values. This was purchased new by my wife's grandmother, so probably from the 50s or so. There is some damage to some of the veneer, but overall not in bad shape (I do have some of the broken veneer pieces). Not sure if it's something I should fix up and sell or just put it out there for $100 or so. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

The veneer loss makes it a hard sell. Unless you can repair the veneer and/or stain the areas of loss to improve appearance, put it out at $100.00 and take any reasonable offer. Even if perfect, this is not a high dollar item these days.

Figtree3, komokwa, judy and 3 others like this.
  3. Paul Piedra

Paul Piedra New Member

Thank you for the quick reply. I really like the piece (and can probably fix it up myself) but won't have the space so I may just put it on facebook. Thanks. Paul.

Figtree3 and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted