Featured Help ID Red Georgian Pattern Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lew Fisher, Jul 21, 2024.

1. Lew Fisher

Lew Fisher Well-Known Member

Hi-
    Does anyone know the maker of this heavy glass vase? Height is 8-1/4". The lower 2/3 have that honeycomb Georgian pattern that so many US glass companies favored. I wonder who made this one? TIA DSCN7997.JPG DSCN7998.JPG DSCN7999.JPG DSCN8000.JPG

2. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Some pieces of pressed glass manage to have the most lovely, almost oily in appearance, glossy surface. Yours does too...in addition to a stunning color. Thanks!

pearlsnblume, Bronwen and johnnycb09 like this.
  3. Lew Fisher

You're welcome. Sorry to want to give this a wee bump. I do think (I hope) someone might be able to identify the maker of this vase. TallCakes?

komokwa likes this.
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

pearlsnblume, komokwa and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Great American Glass Book 2 shows about every company who made the Georgian pattern, and there were several. The only one showing a tall vase was Duncan Miller. Not like yours but I can See how it could be shaped into the same. I can look at Florence's books later but right now my hand hurts too much. Broken wrist

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
  6. Lew Fisher

Thanks to all for your research. TallCakes, you're amazing. Ola402, rest that wrist.

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted