Featured Help ID Large Japanese? Porcelain Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lew Fisher, Jul 18, 2024.

1. Lew Fisher

Lew Fisher Well-Known Member

Hi-
    Another question for you folks, if I may pick your collective brains. Does any one know where, when and by whom this large vase was made? It's about 10" tall, heavy and rather massive. The decoration is raised, must be heavy slip. Sorry about the photo of the mark...it's just as unclear in person. I may not have the mark correctly orientated-sorry. Thanks for thinking about this. DSCN7903.JPG DSCN7904.JPG DSCN7905.JPG DSCN7906.JPG DSCN7907.JPG DSCN7908.JPG

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It looks Japanese to me too. Nice vase.

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

And me, it’s that peach worm legend.

charlie cheswick likes this.
  4. Lew Fisher

Thank you both. What is the peach worm legend?

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Something from the back of my head which I need to google, I’ve forgotten the detail.,

6. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

7. Lew Fisher

Thanks, Chinoiserie. What a good match! Now if we could only know if the seller was accurate. I see it sold though...that's a good thing, for me. It gives me something to go on. And mine is bigger. Sure do appreciate everybody's input. This forum can be so helpful. What a resource.

komokwa and Potteryplease like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted