Help ID Glass Rooster Figurine

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lew Fisher, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Lew Fisher

Lew Fisher Well-Known Member

Hi, Folks...
    Can anyone help to ID the maker, age, origin of this nearly 12" tall glass rooster? It's solid and heavy. Our glass animals book shows one with red tail feathers in the "unknown maker" section. Thank you. DSCN4889.JPG DSCN4890.JPG DSCN4891.JPG DSCN4892.JPG

lauragarnet likes this.
  2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

The name of the maker who made yours is the same as that of the one in the book, and I'll bet $1000. nobody can prove me wrong.

wildrose likes this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The base looks European, but I don't know who.

4. Lew Fisher

Lew Fisher Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. We were thinking European too. Since "Glass Animals" by Garman & Spencer was published in 1993 we were hoping new data had been unearthed. Or perhaps one was found with a paper label. Still hoping our European friends can help. We love this figure and it would be nice to know.

Draft saved Draft deleted