Help ID glass purple amethyst with Silver overlay vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by 916Bulldogs123, Jul 29, 2014.

1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Couldn't resist it at .99 at my local thrift.
    It is 6 1/4" tall.
    Mikey
    atree 19199.jpg
    atree 19210.jpg
    atree 19216.jpg

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I have one sort of like this. The form and size are the same on mine, but the metallic part is gold, and it's painted. It also does not have metal around the foot.

It was a gift from my sister, who bought it during a trip to Italy.

Fig

3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Silver deposit, not overlay.

Italian, Venetian or possibly Czech area. It is the same sort of work that was done on the decanters with matching liqueur glasses. 1950s or so.

Do you remember the thread about Bischoff who had decorator decanters made for his imported liquers?

4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I had a similar (same shape) with a silver scene of the leaning tower of Pisa. It was cobalt and I bought the dang thing in Denmark.
    greg

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I have a piece in green showing a Venetian scene. I filled it with milk to get better pictures of the overlay.

Draft saved Draft deleted