Help ID Blown Glass Vase...Blenko?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lew Fisher, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Lew Fisher

Lew Fisher Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on the maker of this vase? Height is about 6-1/2". Got it at a house sale with another glass vase with a Blenko label and thought it, too, just might be that company. But I've had no luck in locating the form. Any input is appreciated. DSCN4893.JPG DSCN4894.JPG DSCN4895.JPG

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I suspect it's Sklo.

*crs* likes this.
  3. FekNeim

FekNeim Member

Blenko catalogs are online, see if it matches any items in any of those. It's the only definitive and free way to find out.

4. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

I suspect not Blenko. Sklo is a good guess

*crs* and George Nesmith like this.
  5. Lew Fisher

Thanks for the input. msgood2shoe, Sklo is a great guess. We were not even familiar with that name but research indicates many similar examples in terms of form and surface design. Our eyes were opened to nifty new (to us) glassmakers. One of the pleasures of researching. Much appreciated.

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The Sklo Union factories made some lovely, and interesting stuff. Still do.

7. Lew Fisher

I certainly agree, Ownedbybear! We were captivated.

Draft saved Draft deleted