Help ID Artist's Signature on Otherworldly Fantasy Painting

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lew Fisher, Jun 28, 2023.

1. Lew Fisher

Lew Fisher Well-Known Member

Hi, Folks-
    I'm having trouble reading this signature. The picture is framed and under glass. Not sure what the medium is but seems to be some gouache involved. The signature is big and bold but I can't make out the lettering save for the '99 date. Can any of you? Perhaps someone will know the artist given the subject matter. Thanks for thinking about this. DSCN5041.JPG DSCN5042.JPG DSCN5043.JPG DSCN5044.JPG DSCN5045.JPG DSCN5046.JPG DSCN5047.JPG

komokwa likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks a bit sci-fi

charlie cheswick likes this.
  3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I saw a YouTube video of a street artist in NYC painting one exactly like it. Might have been the guy in that link

mmarco102 likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Enlarged 2X, clarified a bit, and contrasted a little, and it's still hard to read!!! BUT, it kind of looks like the FIRST name, IF the first letter is an 'L', the second letter could be an 'E' with a possible 'A' flowing off of it, then 'nod' so, possibly "LEAnod"????? I can't really make anything out of that last name, Sorry!!

DSCN5047-1-2_00x-1.jpg

6. Lew Fisher

Lew Fisher Well-Known Member

Thanks for trying! I'm having the same problem. Yes it looks like there's a whole 'nuther world of these science fiction paintings out there. Kind of like Bob Ross with some chemical enhancement. Still would like to read that signature.

Draft saved Draft deleted