Hello from NC and Scotland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LIT, Aug 21, 2020.

1. LIT

LIT New Member

We are a husband and wife team who would love to learn more! My husband is from Inverness Scotland and we both currently reside in North Carolina. I have a special affinity for asian art pieces, old english tea sets, costume jewelry, bohemian glass, and collectibles from the 80s. My husband steers closer to British fine art, old cars, early 18th-19th century furniture, and Scottish silverware.

Thanks and look forward to learning from all of you!

Bakersgma likes this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Welcome!

That is so funny, I met my dearest friend when she was living in Raleigh, NC and now she's gone back home to live in Inverness! I missed my visit there this year because of the virus but Inverness it lovely! (and she missed her visit here for the same reason)

LIT likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

4. LIT

LIT New Member

WOW! How uncanny is that!? Are you in Raleigh now?

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, LIT!

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Greetings! My Inverness connections are few and far between, but tell the hubs that in your area one doesn't drink a cuppa. One puts the tea in a tall glass over ice. The locals add sugar, but sweetner in tea .... ick.

7. Karll

Karll Member

Greetings from another fairly new member from Washington State.

8. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

No, I actually live in VA, she was in NC. Her daughter (a Scot) and son-in-law(American) are still in Raleigh though they have a house in Inverness also.

9. Peachy Keen

Peachy Keen New Member

Hello and welcome to this site!
    I am fairly new myself. I have some costume jewelry that is, in my opinion, SPECTACULAR! I also have some Asian pieces. Do I upload picture to this site or directly to you?

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

if you're looking for information about your items....start a new thread in the proper Forum, and you'll get help from many members..

If you're looking to sell.......................DON'T !!!!

11. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Welcome!

As a university student in London, youth hosteling on weekends, I spent a lovely day in Inverness in the fall of 1983. I've always meant to return someday... :)

I look forward to seeing them, English tea sets are a passion of mine, too!

12. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted