Hello! Antique lover here...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HippAntiques, Jun 2, 2019.

1. HippAntiques

HippAntiques Well-Known Member

My husband and I have been collecting and selling for over 20 years. It seems after that many years, we'd know a lot about antiques, but we still come across those unique finds that we need help identifying! We love going to antique shops, flea markets, estate sales, yard sales, etc, and has been a family hobby. We collect antiques, and also decorate with them. But, over the years we've just accumulated so many we went into dealing as well. We do occasional shows once in awhile, but mostly sell on Etsy. We have 3 shops, and our 14 year old son also has his own shop. He loves curating his shop and finding things to resell. He donates 10% of his profits to our local animal shelter, and the rest goes into his savings account.

That's a little about us! I really hope I can help when I can with other posts, but will also be using this as a resource for identifying and pricing things for our shops. Thanks!

2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME HippAntiques !!! ... Joy. :)

i need help and HippAntiques like this.
  3. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Welcome Hipp!

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Hipp! :)
    So nice of your son to donate to the animal shelter. There are plenty of animal lovers here. :)

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

greetings

kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers, Hipp.
    Many of us do the same. Antique addicts who sell to support our habit.:playful:

7. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Welcome! And kudos to your son!

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Hipp!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Welcome! You can learn a lot here just reading other people's posts, and so helpful if/when you have an item you can't ID.

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. KC Watson

KC Watson Member

welcome from North Jackson Antiques & Uniques in not so sunny Ohio!

11. HippAntiques

Thanks everyone!

12. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS, Hipp!!! Always fun to have new members aboard!!!

13. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  14. Bakersgma

Hey, Hipp! I see from another post that you're in WA! Me too. Finding actual antiques out here can be a problem amongst all the "collectibles" and just stuff in the thrifts and so-called "antique malls." Anything older that this century gets labelled "really old" and anything that pre-dates the birth year of a 30yr old is considered an "antique." :eek:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  15. HippAntiques

Yes!! I lived in Atlanta for 11 yrs, and Virginia for 7 before moving back home. (I'm from Spokane, and live in Pullman) Antiques there are REALLY antiques! lol We loved scouring for antiques there, because they were so much older, and less expensive. Once we got a Hoosier for $150!! Complete! Also got a really nice Secretary, original condition/beveled mirror/curved original glass etc for $400. So glad we bought stuff before moving back!

Where are you from? By your Rhody pic, I'm guessing the West side?

Bakersgma likes this.
  16. Bakersgma

I lived in MA for over 30 years before moving out here 14 years ago - to be near my son and grandson. Brought what I could fit into a much smaller house and then added a few more pieces after cleaning out Mom's house. Fortunately a lot of the family heirlooms were china, glass (collection of ABP), British tea/coffee set from 1835-ish, and books that belonged to ancestors - so the weight and volume wasn't too expensive.

HippAntiques likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted